If you are considering DIYing your house gutters, this blog is for you. In this blog we will discuss five types of gutters, their features, and prices in detail helping you select the best gutter and tackle your DIY project with no confusion, only confidence.
So, grab your flanges and screws and let’s dive right in!
Pricing and Features of Gutters
The gutter project we will be discussing is based on a 200ft gutter job. Our project has:
- Four downspouts 10ft each supported by three elbows
- Four miters
- Two end caps
We will be comparing the following styles of gutters:
- Big box store's plastic and K-style
- Seamless K-style
- RainPro box style
- ABC Seamless fascia style
Big Box Store’s Plastic and K-Style
The sole benefit that you get from the big box store gutter is that you get yourself a DIY project. However, these gutters have some cons including:
- They are only available in black and white
- They have no warranty
- The gutters seem reasonable but their accessories are expensive
This pricing is based on products from The Home Depot
- The gutters are $0.79/ft. For our project we would pay $158
- Miters and end caps are $10.60/piece. We would pay $63.60 for our project
- Seam cover plate and caulk are $4.67/piece. In our case we need 21 of them bringing our cost to $98.07
- 10ft of downspouts at $9.90 each costs our project $39.60
- The dimensions of our project calls for 160 hangers at $2.52 coming to $403.20
- 12 elbows and 8 additional hangers to restrain the downspouts against the wall costs $4.50 each for a total of $96.30
Our project at The Home Depot ends up being $4.29/foot for a total of $858 for our 200ft gutter job.
Seamless K-Style Gutters
Seamless K-Style gutters are less prone to leakage while also being stronger and nicer than other gutters.
- The gutters cost $6.50/ft totaling $1,300
- The miters at $25/piece will be $100
- Downspouts at $15/ft ends up at $600
The total cost of our project will be $10/ft topping out at $2,000
RainPro Box Style Gutters
These gutters are our favorite style out of all the gutters. They carry the most amount of water and the price is comparable to a typical K-style seamless gutter.
- The gutters at $8.75/ft will cost our project $1,750
- Miters with their $50/piece price comes out to $200
- Downspouts at $6.50/ft will be $260 for our project
- We only need 12 elbows here because seamless does not charge for additional hangers. The price of elbows is $8.50/piece totaling $102
This project will cost $11.56/ft and tops out at $2,312 for our 200ft gutter job.
ABC Seamless Fascia Style Gutters
ABC seamless gutters are sturdy and strong due to their galvanized steel construction and are our second-favorite.
- Each gutter costs $16.50/ft and totals $3,300 for a project like ours
- The downspouts are $8.50/ft costing $260 for the 40ft needed for our project
The total for our project will be around $17.80/ft or $3,560 for the entire 200ft gutter project. The prices are correct within 10% of the actual prices.
If your house gets a lot of leaves and you fear clogging these gutters are for you. We like to call them the Cadillac of gutters because they are just that good!
- The gutters alone will cost $5,350 with their $26.75/ft price rate
- The downspouts come at $8.50/ft and will total at $340
- Elbows for the downspouts are $8.50/piece bringing the total for 12 elbows to $102
Miters are $75/piece and will amount to $300
The massive total for this LeafGuard gutter project comes close to $29.95/ft and a whopping $5,990 for the entire project.
Good things come at good prices, and leaf guard gutters prove this right!
So, there you have it. An in-depth understanding of the different styles of gutters and an elaborate layout of their pricing.
Still confused about your gutter styles and prices? Check out our YouTube video for more details. We have shared some insightful trade secrets there too that you don’t want to miss!